1) Complete approved 8 hour class and pass national exam during the 5 years after your certificate is issued, but before that certificate expires. This may not be done after the certificate expires (no exceptions). You may renew up to one year in advance.
2) Submit a written request to renew the certificate to Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH). This is your responsibility, whether you receive a printed application in the mail or not.
3) Submit a certificate fee in a check or money order payable to “IDPH” for $35. This is not included in fees paid for courses described above.
4) Complete and submit a signed and dated child support statement.
5) Mail the application, certificate fee and child support statement to IDPH so that it is postmarked no later than 30 days after the certificate expires. No exceptions are made to this requirement.